dimanche 9 juin 2019

badlands



I was laying next to his hollow heart 
I wanted to hear his voice warm and excited 
instead it was only deaf and hesitant 
I wanted the sound of love filling my entire being 
instead there was only a crippling silence 
emptying me from pride, from esteem, from just everything 
it all started weighing on my soul 
weighing on my body
the sun got drained out of me 
the enthusiasm also vanished
leaving me all defeated and pessimist 
you won, old enemy
you won me over until I lost myself 
and then you threw me out of your life
the one I knew so well
the one that I claimed was also mine
but a new day appeared 
a new day free of worries and pain 
virgin of any pressure 
the loss fade away as I met a beautiful new soul
this one wanted me fully 
this one made me feel enough
I recovered my dignity while you lost
I can only tell you today there is no space left for you in my mind, 
nor there is in my now hardened heart 
and whenever I remember my old self, I realize it was all necessary
it was all an initiatory journey I had to go through 
to access what I would never have dreamt of, 
what I would never have dared to hope for,
what is even better than what I once wanted 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire